Community > Discussions
2 replies

Live HelpDesk with Office 365 oAuth/IMAP

I have not been able to get inbound emails to work for any of the modules using MS Exchange IMAP/oAuth.

I have my Office tenant setup for app access (and can successfully connect and perform actions using other systems). In the Live HelpDesk module, I have configured everything under Administration-Channels-Email as per the documentation. When I click Test Connection, I get the green 'Successfully Connected ' response.

In spite of green lights in the Email Channel config, emails are never picked up from the configured mailbox. I can see Live HelpDesk logging tasks in the scheduler with a repeating error message:   - 

Process channel email failed. !See event log for details

In the admin logs, I see the following General Exceptions getting logged:

StackTrace:
   at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapClient.CheckAuthenticated() at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapClient.get_Inbox() at Mandeeps.DNN.Modules.LiveHelpdesk.Components.Scheduler.ProcessChannelEmail()

And also...

StackTrace:
   at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapClient.<AuthenticateAsync>d__100.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapClient.Authenticate(SaslMechanism mechanism, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Mandeeps.DNN.Libraries.Common.Manager.MailKitManager.ConnectIMAP(String serverName, String user, String password, Nullable`1 port, Boolean EnableSsl, String AccessToken, Exception& exception)

I am trialing these modules and really like them. I would love to move forward with a purchase, but inbound email processing is very important to us and I'd like to make sure it works before moving forward.

How can I troubleshoot this further and get oAuth working to pickup emails via IMAP or POP?

Jason Bobbitt Jason Bobbitt
Published 03/02/2023 19:47
Add Comment
Gagandeep Singh
replied 03/03/2023 06:58
Jason Bobbitt

Default security was already enabled in my tenant.

I was finally able to resolve this by restarting the application in the Servers section of DNN settings.

Thank you for your response.

replied 03/03/2023 15:34

Last Activity 03/09/2023 11:26