Community > Discussions
1 replies

Proto Theme Issue with maps.google.com in Intranet DNN

Slow Page Load and maps.google.com Resolution Issue in DNN Version 9.11 on Intranet

Hello forum members,

I'm facing a performance issue with our DNN Version 9.11 web application that recently transitioned from an internet-connected environment to an intranet-only setup. Previously, the application worked fine when both the server and clients had internet access. However, since the internet was disconnected, we've noticed a significant slowdown in page loading times.

After investigating, it appears that the issue is related to resolving maps.google.com, even though we don't actively use Google Maps on our site. It seems like the application is attempting to access external resources unnecessarily, causing performance degradation.

Here are my questions:

1. **Are there any known compatibility issues or configurations specific to Proto 5.3.7 when running DNN Version 9.11 in an intranet environment? If so, what steps can I take to address them and improve application performance?

2. **Is there a way to configure Proto 5.3.7 to operate efficiently without attempting to access external resources or dependencies, such as those related to maps.google.com, in a LAN-only scenario?

I appreciate any insights, advice, or guidance from the community on resolving this issue and optimizing the performance of our DNN web application in an intranet environment.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Belisty Yalew Belisty Yalew
Published 09/23/2023 09:57
Add Comment
Gagandeep Singh

**Are there any known compatibility issues or configurations specific to Proto 5.3.7 when running DNN Version 9.11 in an intranet environment? If so, what steps can I take to address them and improve application performance?

There were no known issues in Porto 5.3.7 but we always recommend to upgrade to the latest version.

**Is there a way to configure Proto 5.3.7 to operate efficiently without attempting to access external resources or dependencies, such as those related to maps.google.com, in a LAN-only scenario?

You can disable maps.google.com script by unchecking Google Maps shortcode in Style Switcher. See https://www.mandeeps.com/support/knowledgebase/porto-customization-shortcodes

replied 09/29/2023 11:29

Last Activity 09/29/2023 11:29